Supervision of construction and Operation and Maintenance period for Irelands 3rd largest city (first phase design population of 130,000 P.E). The scheme comprised 5 separate works contracts executed concurrently. This project involved the construction of:
- 48km of Interceptor Sewers through-out the city up to 2700mm diameter, including 10km of trenchless pipelines
- 130,000 PE Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Sludge treatment plant of capacity 156,000 P.E
- A 2.7m diameter precast segmental tunnel, 2.58km in length, with 12 No. Access shafts constructed at 13 m depth
- 7.5km of trenchless construction for interceptor sewers up to 1800m diameter
- Construction of Main Lift Pumping Station, capacity 13.6m³/sec, comprising 5 horizontally mounted centrifugal dry well pumps
- Outfall Pipeline - 1100mm diameter to Shannon River Estuary including jetty structure
- 4 River Crossings
All of the above services have been completed, however J. B. Barry and Partners continue to provide Operation & Maintenance services to Limerick City Council on this Project.
The Project was awarded the 2006 Association of Consulting Engineers Presidents Award for Excellence in design.