Burncourt Regional Water Supply Scheme - Ballylooby Springs, Tipperary
We had prior involvement with Tipperary County Council in Site Selection and Options reports in view of Flood Risk, source protection, and EPA RAL concerns. For Irish Water, we design for a New Standalone 1.5 MLD Plant utilizing groundwater sources in lieu of unreliable and variable quality surface water sources . A regime of test wells was carried out to inform design.
We obtained Planning Permission along with environmental permits and licenses for the new sources and WTP at Ballyloobey, as well as reservoir storage expansion at Kilroe. Additionally, we procured a new WTP plant using the Framework Provision of Major Process MEICA and DBO Works Lot 1 Water Treatment /bespoke IW FIDIC Contract forms.
We recommended/appointed Ward and Burke/Response Ltd as DB Contractors in March 2018..
Contract administration duties were fulfilled for Gates 3 to 4, assisted by our Resident Engineering team, managed and seconded from our Resource pool.
Duties fulfilled by us include:
- Chairing of Monthly Progress meetings – and interim site visits
- Preparation of Monthly Progress Reports to IW Asset Delivery management
- Management of the Contract Risk Register
- Preparation of Site Supervision Weekly/ Monthly Reports
- Management of Construction Claims, Variations and Scope Changes in accordance with IW-AD-IP-SOP-001
- Management of the Claim, Variations and Scope Changes Register
- Undertaking of monthly HSQE inspections
- Participation in Hazop Meetings and Reports
- Liaising with Irish water and Tipperary Co Co Operation departments
- Liaising with IW Groundwater experts in relation to Groundwater quality.
- Participation in Commissioning prep and delivery meetings
- Preparation of Take into supply recommendation reports
- Certification of interim and Final Account Reports
- Monitoring and checking of Project Safety File in PSDP role
- Carrying out the BCAR assigned certifier role