J.B. Barry and Partners Limited along with our sister company Barry Transportation are one of Ireland’s leading Consulting Engineers. We have over 180 highly qualified employees and are committed to delivering cost effective and innovative solutions. To achieve this, we need dedicated, enthusiastic individuals to join the team in our offices.
We recognise that we are dependent on our staff to deliver to our clients excellent engineered solutions, consequently we offer outstanding career opportunities and remuneration. We are committed to encouraging and supporting the careers and professional development of all our staff, as ultimately this will result in an improved service for our clients.
Location: Dublin, Cork, Castlebar
Essential Qualifications & Requirements:
- Hold an honours degree (level 8 in the National Framework of Qualifications), or equivalent professional qualification, in civil, mechanical, electrical or energy engineering as applicable to the role.
- Have at least 5 years’ post graduate relevant experience in energy consultancy and energy management
- Experience in Energy Auditing, Energy Efficient Design, Renewable Energy Feasibility and design, Planning Applications
- Experience administering contracts using both the Public Works and FIDIC Contracts
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Knowledge of BIM
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Full driving licence
- Experience in renewable energy projects including Solar PV, Wind, Hydro and Biogas
- Energy Auditing experience of industrial sites
- Energy Efficient Design for MEICA and Building upgrade works
- Feasibility assessments for renewable energy including cost benefit analysis
- Site Surveys and Assessments
- Experience in liaison with ESB and Grid Connections
- Experience with water / wastewater treatment plant projects
- Good knowledge and awareness of Health & Safety legislation and regulations.
- Experience with software packages to design solar and wind generation.
What we offer:
We offer a great place to work and competitive salaries. We support staff development so that you can continue to perform at your best and get the most out of your career.
We facilitate flexible core hours, the bike to work scheme, tax saver commuter tickets and have a company health insurance group that offers discounts on premiums.
J. B. Barry and Partners are an equal opportunities employer and promote a positive work life balance.
If you are interested in this position and have the required experience, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with Energy Engineer in the subject line.
The company do not require the assistance of recruitment agencies at this time.