Senior Civil Engineer
J.B. Barry and Partners Limited along with our sister company Barry Transportation are one of Ireland’s leading Consulting Engineers. We have over 190 highly qualified employees and are committed to delivering cost effective and innovative solutions. To achieve this, we need dedicated, enthusiastic individuals to join the team in our offices.
We recognise that we are dependent on our staff to deliver to our clients excellent engineered solutions, consequently we offer outstanding career opportunities and remuneration. We are committed to encouraging and supporting the careers and professional development of all our staff, as ultimately this will result in an improved service for our clients.
Location: Dublin, Cork, Castlebar
- Project manager for flood relief schemes and civil engineering projects in Ireland
- Responsible for managing and coordinating multidisciplinary design teams
- Responsible for project design requirements and construction health and safety duties
- Responsible for project schedules, project budgets and change management
- Review and approval of documents, designs and project deliverables
- Liaise with clients, local authorities, design partners.
- Involvement in the bid / tender process and business development
- Mentor to junior team members
- Reporting to project and company Directors
- Fostering a healthy and positive company culture
Essential Qualifications & Requirements:
- 12 to 15 years’ experience
- Degree in Civil Engineering (Level 8)
- Chartered Engineer or equivalent professional title
- Project management qualification
- 5 years’ experience in a similar project management role
- Experience in dealing with clients
- Experience in working with and leading multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in MS Excel and MS Project
- Excellent report writing skills
- A full clean driver’s license
- Degree in Civil Engineering or Environmental Science (Level 9)
- Experience in hydrology and hydraulic modelling
- Experience in design of flood relief schemes, construction of pumping stations, earth retaining structures
- Experience in contract administration of construction of flood relief schemes, construction of pumping stations, earth retaining structures
- Experienced user of GIS software
- Familiarity with Autodesk CAD software
- Experience in applying BIM standards such as ISO19650
What we offer:
We offer a great place to work and competitive salaries. We support staff development so that you can continue to perform at your best and get the most out of your career.
We facilitate flexible core hours, the bike to work scheme, tax saver commuter tickets and have a company health insurance group that offers discounts on premiums.
J. B. Barry and Partners are an equal opportunities employer and promote a positive work life balance.
If you are interested in this position and have the required experience, please send your CV to email@example.com with Senior Civil Engineer in the subject line.
The company do not require the assistance of recruitment agencies at this time.